Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is my go to soup when I want something low in calories and high in flavor. The 1 serving runs about 120 calories. You can always add meat, but add calories accordingly. DON'T leave out the lemon grass, it makes this dish!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces tofu shirataki noodles (1/2 package)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemongrass, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 dash fish sauce
- Heat chicken broth in a sauce pan.
- Add green onion, lemon grass, garlic, ginger and fish sauce. Cook 3 minutes on high.
- Rinse noodles very well under running water, and then add to broth mixture. Cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat and slowly stir in beaten egg. Egg will turn into cooked threads. (think egg drop soup).
- Let stand for a couple minutes, soup will be very hot. Enjoy!
Excellent soup! It only takes minutes to make, but it is big on flavor. I made this as written, but doubled the recipe; and I'm glad I did! If I had shiitake mushrooms, I would have added a few of those. Thanx for a great soup!
This was fantastic! So easy and so delicious. And the lemongrass really is essential to the flavor. I added chicken and a little fresh spinach and used thin rice noodles because that's what was in the cupboard, but otherwise followed the recipe. DH couldn't stop raving about the soup and insisted that we have it often. Quick, tasty, healthy - a definite winner!