Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Light as a feather pancakes and easy to do! Serve with sliced sweetened strawberries and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar or top with butter and your favorite maple syrup.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Beat eggs thoroughly, then add buttermilk and oil and mix.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and stir until mixed.
- Cook on greased griddle over medium hot burner.
I just made these pancakes, the first time I actually made my own batter and I have to tell you, these pancakes are awesome! I had everything in the house but the baking soda and they still came out light, fluffy and yummy! Way to go Marie, this recipe is the best, beat's the pre-made mixes in the markets buy a long shot!
Thanks, this is a great basic recipe.
These certainly are very light pancakes! Flavour was good, although a little on the bland side. Maybe a bit more sugar, or some vanilla might perk them up a bit. Nice basic recipe!