Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make it in 5 minutes and you're on your way! This chunky version of hummus is so tasty; in pita bread with salad is my favorite way to have it, but it's also great by itself! Feel free to try adding some veggies too.
- 2 cups low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed (about a 19-oz can)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed (or chopped very fine)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Combine the lemon juice, tahini, garlic, sea salt, soy sauce and vinegar in a small bowl and whisk or stir together. Add the parsley and mix again.
- Pour over the chickpeas and stir well (using a wooden spoon avoids crushing the chickpeas). Add black pepper if desired.
- Great at room temperature or cold. Enjoy!
We like hummus, but not this salad. We tried it after reading the previous reviews and thought it would be something different for a change of pace. The taste was different alright. Both my husband and I agreed that it was just okay and not something we'd make again.
Made exactly as written, and it was very, very quick and easy and also super yummy. I made this as a side dish but look forward to the left overs on a pita for lunch. My favorite thing about this is that it tastes like it should be high in fat or calories, but looking at the Nutrition Facts, it's really not, and the fiber boost is amazing, too. Thank you for a winner!
I am a hummus lover, and I enjoyed this very much. I loved the fresh taste that the parsley and lemon offered. It's best after a few hours to let the garlic flavor blend better. I did add freshly ground black pepper, and also a pinch of sugar. Next time I make this, I'd leave out the vinegar and/or the soy sauce. Thanx!