Recipe by White Rose Child
Make it in 5 minutes and you're on your way! This chunky version of hummus is so tasty; in pita bread with salad is my favorite way to have it, but it's also great by itself! Feel free to try adding some veggies too.
Top Review by pilarski2003
We like hummus, but not this salad. We tried it after reading the previous reviews and thought it would be something different for a change of pace. The taste was different alright. Both my husband and I agreed that it was just okay and not something we'd make again.
- 2 cups low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed (about a 19-oz can)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed (or chopped very fine)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the lemon juice, tahini, garlic, sea salt, soy sauce and vinegar in a small bowl and whisk or stir together. Add the parsley and mix again.
- Pour over the chickpeas and stir well (using a wooden spoon avoids crushing the chickpeas). Add black pepper if desired.
- Great at room temperature or cold. Enjoy!