Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found on Hunts.com. Simple recipe. Says 6 servings, but those are small servings (at least in my house!)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced undrained (with Basil, Garlic & Oregano)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 6 ounces shell pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
A quick meal to put together and tasty. I had a can of tomato sauce with basil, garlic, and oregano so I used that and regular petite diced tomatoes. For the frozen mixed vegetables I had california blend (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots) and for me I would have liked a little more vegetable added. I did add dried minced onion and garlic powder to the ground chuck when frying and would have liked a couple shakes of black pepper and a little salt. Will make this again and use a variety of vegetables. Thank's iewe for posting this one! Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef - Spring 2009.
I thought it was excellent. I had plain tomatoes so I added some garlic, balsamic vinegar, worcestershire sauce, and red pepper flakes. I also added more mozzarella. For the vegetables I used frozen peas. I was looking for a hamburger helper-type recipe and wasn't too rich and this was perfect! Thanks for posting :)
I used plain tomatoes. But I added basil and oregano. I think 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables is not enough. Next time, I'll double or triple it. I like the way that everything cooks in one skillet. Thanks Iewe :) Made for 123 hit wonders.