Recipe by hotdishmama
I made this up in a hurry one night and it's become one of our very favorite suppers. This is so easy, so fast and looks so pretty you can serve it to company or as appetizers. You could easily vary the veggies according to what you have on hand. Quantities are for one individual size pizza; multiply according to number you want to serve.
Top Review by Ck2plz
This was so good. I love Kalamata Olives. Don't leave them off! I gently sprinkled the garlic salt and italian seasoning. I would say less than a 1/8 tsp of the garlic salt and two pinches of the seasoning. I would play with both ingredients. I would recommend saving yourself a piece or two if serving as an appetizer. These will be gobbled up before you make your way back to the party. Way yummy:) PAC Fall 2009
- 1 piece whole wheat pita bread
- 2.46 ml olive oil
- garlic salt, to taste
- 3 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 3-4 slice fresh tomatoes
- 118.29 ml fresh spinach leaves, cut into strips
- 4 canned artichoke hearts, drained and sliced in half
- italian seasoning, to taste
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese or 118.29 ml monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Put pita bread on baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Place tomato slices on pita bread, top with olive slices. Cover with sliced spinach and artichoke hearts. Sprinkle with italian seasoning and sprinkle cheese evenly over pita. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. Slice into quarters and enjoy!