I made this up in a hurry one night and it's become one of our very favorite suppers. This is so easy, so fast and looks so pretty you can serve it to company or as appetizers. You could easily vary the veggies according to what you have on hand. Quantities are for one individual size pizza; multiply according to number you want to serve.
- 1 piece whole wheat pita bread
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- garlic salt, to taste
- 3 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 3 -4 slices fresh tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach leaves, cut into strips
- 4 canned artichoke hearts, drained and sliced in half
- italian seasoning, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- Put pita bread on baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Place tomato slices on pita bread, top with olive slices. Cover with sliced spinach and artichoke hearts. Sprinkle with italian seasoning and sprinkle cheese evenly over pita. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. Slice into quarters and enjoy!
This was so good. I love Kalamata Olives. Don't leave them off! I gently sprinkled the garlic salt and italian seasoning. I would say less than a 1/8 tsp of the garlic salt and two pinches of the seasoning. I would play with both ingredients. I would recommend saving yourself a piece or two if serving as an appetizer. These will be gobbled up before you make your way back to the party. Way yummy:) PAC Fall 2009
Simple and delightful. I like the fact that the recipe is for one person because it is perfect for those evenings when no one is around but I already had sandwich or salad for lunch and want something different that's still quick and healthy. Thank you.