Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend's mom from Colombia. I've tweaked it a bit and everyone seems to love it. It's got a kick to it and is great with shredded cheese and sour cream on top. You can even serve it on nachos. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs ground turkey, browned and drained
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream, for topping
- Brown the turkey in a large pot and drain any liquids.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until everything is equally distributed. Cover and cook on medium to high heat until onions & peppers are soft, mixing often.
- Remove the lid and cook off excess remaining liquid (or use a slotted spoon to serve if you can't wait ;).
Very good turkey chili! I only gave it four stars because the chili was way too hot for me ~ I had to add some cooked rice to tone it down ... but all in all, delicious!