Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was really good, and both of my pre-schoolers loved it.
Make and share this Super Healthy Tuna Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 7 1⁄8 ounces tuna fish (albacore if available)
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon relish
- 2 cups shredded spinach
- 1 -3 cup shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup diced chives
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- Mix together the first four ingredients until combined well. Add the rest and mix again. Chill and serve.
Very tasty. Used albacore otherwise made as directed. Made for PAC 2014.
I really enjoyed this for lunch yesterday. Everything except for the greens were mixed together and then served on top of the greens. For the greens I used a mixture of baby greens. Green onion was used in place of the chives. Something I will keep in my rotation of healthy lunches. Made for When It's Hot/When It's Not in the Diabetic Forum.
I left out the mayo and used red onion instead of chives (it was what was on hand.) Different than the normal tuna salad I am used to, but still delicious!