Recipe by iqspam
Make healthy burgers out of canned tuna, and spice them up with a lemon garlic mayonnaise! Use whole wheat sandwich thins and low fat mayonnaise to bring this down to 250 calories per burger.
Top Review by Debbwl
A tasty burger that is healthier then the tuna burgers I have enjoyed in the past. I made as written and we were both surprised at what a nice tasty accent the garlic mayo was to the tuna. The only thing I would do different next time is to make a little mayo as we had quite a bit left. Thanks for the post.
- 992.23 g canned tuna, drained (see note)
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml garlic
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee garlic in pan until brown.
- Combine garlic, lemon juice and mayonnaise.
- Combine tuna, scallions, bell pepper and eggs in a bowl.
- Separate tuna mixture into 8 patties.
- Grill patties.
- Put a patty on each sandwich thin with about a tbsp of the mayonnaise mixture.
- Note: You may want to put the tuna in a sieve with something heavy on top for a couple of hours to get it to drain, otherwise it's harder to get these burgers to stick together.