Recipe by Beachbunnymom
Not only are you getting your veggies with this bread, it is super healthy because I use applesauce instead of oil and part Splenda instead of all sugar.
Top Review by Jenny Runs Fast
Delicious!!!!! This recipe is wonderful! I freeze my shredded, seeded, peeled zucchini in 2 cup increments so I can make this recipe all year long. I thaw my zucchini in the microwave on defrost and dump the whole bag, water and all, into the mix. I also use 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup white flour. I add about 1/3 cup of flax seed as well. I do not buy chocolate squares, rather, I substitute 6 Tablespoons of cocoa melted with 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil. I do not use Splenda unless the loaf is for my diabetic dad. I generally use regular sugar in the same measurements for my own family. These loaves get eaten up the same day they are made!
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups peeled and grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, ext
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- Microwave chocolate squares until melted, set a side.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, splenda, sugar, brown sugar, and applesauce. Mix well.
- Add grated zucchini, vanilla, and chocolate. Mix well.
- In another bowl, sift flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to liquid mixture. Mix well. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Pour in greased loaf pans. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean.