Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes. To quote the site: "This is a grilled salmon made with full bodied wine (Shiraz is best). It needs to marinate overnight for best flavor." My sister sent me this recipe and I thought that it really sounded good. Will be trying this this weekend! *Cook & prep time does NOT include marinating time required.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup shiraz wine
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar in the hot water until dissolved. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag, and mix in wine, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, and lemon pepper. Place salmon in the bag, seal, and marinate 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Reserving marinade, place salmon on the grill, and cook 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until easily flaked with a fork.
- Transfer reserved marinade to a pot. Dissolve the cornstarch in cold water. Bring the marinade to a boil, and stir in cornstarch mixture to thicken. Serve over the salmon or on the side as a dipping sauce.
this is now in the top 2 of my salmon recipes. i marinated the salmon in the morning so it didnt get the full 24 hours, but it was still very good. i also cooked the salmon in my oven for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees, per other recipe directions. i think this salmon would even be good if you didnt have time to marinade and just threw some sauce over it to cook and made the gravy to go with it. i was nervous about gravy on my fish, but it went perfectly with it. (in fact we went back for more gravy.) i had never used shiraz wine before, but i will now for sure.