1/14 Photos of Super Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
This is great for a quick family favorite. Serve with tomato soup and a salad, if desired. Source: Betty Crocker
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice colby cheese or 1 slice monterey jack cheese
- 8 slices Italian bread or 8 slices sourdough bread or 8 slices white bread or 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
- 8 teaspoons butter or 8 teaspoons margarine, softened
- 1Place cheese slices on 4 slices bread. Top with onions, tomato and remaining bread.
- 2Spread 1 t of the butter over each top slice of bread.
- 3Place sandwiches, butter sides down, in skillet.
- 4Spread remaining butter over top slices of bread.
- 5Cook uncovered over medium heat about 5 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- 6Turn and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- 7Cut sandwiches into wedges or sticks, using pizza cutter.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.1
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.8 mg
- Sodium 420.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 8.9 g