This is great for a quick family favorite. Serve with tomato soup and a salad, if desired. Source: Betty Crocker
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice colby cheese or 1 slice monterey jack cheese
- 8 slices Italian bread or 8 slices sourdough bread or 8 slices white bread or 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
- 8 teaspoons butter or 8 teaspoons margarine, softened
- Place cheese slices on 4 slices bread. Top with onions, tomato and remaining bread.
- Spread 1 t of the butter over each top slice of bread.
- Place sandwiches, butter sides down, in skillet.
- Spread remaining butter over top slices of bread.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat about 5 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Turn and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut sandwiches into wedges or sticks, using pizza cutter.