Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this up on the spur of the moment. It was the most delicious gravy, I have eaten!
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce with onion bell peppers and celery, already in it (Hunts?)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 6 chicken legs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- black pepper
- For chicken: brown chicken legs all over in a small amount of oil (I used olive oil).
- Then I put 1/2 can of each (tom. sauce & cream of cel) in the pan (this was an iron skillet), then covered with a lid and cooked on medium (around 4 -5 on a scale of 10 being the highest) until tender. Do not add salt! The cream of celery is salty aready.
- At first the gravy will look gross when you mix it together, but by the time it gets done cooking, it will be a light brown color.
- I made this with drumsticks, and the meat was falling off the bone. It was deeeelicious!
- You can make beef stew the same way. I put the beef stew meat, and 1/2 can of each (the tomato sauce and coc soup) in the crock pot. Of course it will take longer than an hour to cook in the crock pot.