Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A freezable soup to have on hand.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 small cabbage, thinly sliced
- Saute onion in oil in large saucepan about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in carrot, garlic and red pepper; cook until tender.
- Add stock, tomatoes, water and cabbage; simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with hot sauce. and garnish with cilantro if desired.
I used olive oil instead of canola oil. I also used a full small onion and pepper and a little more garlic and chicken stock. I skipped the cilantro and hot pepper sauce and topped with Parmesan cheese. Great flavor with all of those veggies.
A super easy soup that is great for when you are on a diet. It is also great with beef stock.