Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Super easy, super fudgy and super tasting. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some hot fudge sauce and go to chocolate oblivion!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Bake in a greased 13x9 cake pan at 180 degrees for 1 hour or until tests done.
Thanks Anita. This is a very moist and rich cake, very tasty too. I made this twice. But for the second time, I made some changes with 4 tsp of instant granules as I wanted more coffee taste and also added 1 cup of choc chips to the batter and added 1/4 cup more of the choc chips to sprinkle on top of the batter before putting it into the oven. I tried making half the amount using a loaf pan, reducing all the ingredients by half except for the coffee granules, the vanilla extract and rum extract - it turned out great too. Thanks for the recipe.