Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
From my mother-in-law (!) ONE OF THE BEST BROWNIES EVER!!! They are so rich and cool from the pockets of mint; almost like candy--enjoy;)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 mini peppermint patties, quartered (they're easier to cut if they've been chilled a bit)
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- BROWNIES: Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease the bottom only of an 8" square baking pan; set aside.
- Melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate together in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth; remove pan from heat.
- Stir in the sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla, and baking soda until well blended.
- Spread 1 cup batter evenly in the prepared pan; place the peppermint patties on top of the batter.
- Gently spread the remaining batter over the candy to completely cover them.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes, or until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool completely.
- GLAZE: Melt the chocolate chips and butter together in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth; stir in the corn syrup.
- Remove pan from heat; let stand 10 minutes, or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Spread glaze over cooled brownies; cover and refrigerate until the glaze is set, about 10 minutes.
- Cut into bars.