Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is how to make fudge, but with one difference, it includes the ingredients of the famous Rock Road ice cream. (It goes really well with ice cream if that is how you choose to eat it).
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanuts, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Coat an 8 inch square baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large saucepan, combine evaporated milk, sugar, and salt over low heat.
- Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add 2 cups marshmallows, chocolate chips, 3/4 c peanuts, and vanilla.
- Stir until marshmallows and chips are melted.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and top with remaining marshmallows and peanuts, gently pushing them into the fudge.
- Allow to cool until firm then cut into squares.
- Store airtight in the refrigerator.
These were fun to make and looked great on the holiday trays. They ended up a litle too sticky, I probably should have boiled longer than the 5 min. Thanks!