Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a community cookbook called "Bake for Dake" several years ago. It's delicious and has served me well as a fast and easy make ahead fruit salad. It's perfect to take to a sick friend or to bring to a covered dish dinner. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced peaches, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (29 ounce) can fruit cocktail
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and cut into halves
- 5 bananas, sliced
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- Place fruit and syrups (omitting cherry syrup) into a large mixing bowl; add dry pudding mixes and stir.
- Chill and serve.
- Can be used as a breakfast fruit, a fruit salad, or a topping for plain cake, cookies, or ice cream.
We enjoyed this fruit salad and it was super easy to put together! I am not a big fan of bananas so I used less than five. I made it to serve with dinner and I had some for breakfast the next day. This is a great salad to make in the winter when fresh fruit is scarce. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2007.
This is delicious! I prepared as directed and to quote R. Ray "How easy is this! I will add more bananas next time, because they are my favorite fruit in this dish. I served this with a dollop of whipped topping. I think it would be great over a slice of angel food cake or pound cake. This would be an ideal dish to take to a potluck or large gathering, if you had a way to keep it chilled. This is really a keeper! Thanks CaramelPie!
Wonderful! I really enjoyed the flavour in this dish! Next time I will cut back some of the liquid a bit as I felt it might be that much nicer if it was a bit "drier". I used fat free vanilla pudding and I don't feel that it detracted from it at all. I cut my bananas a bit thick and I think that was a good thing. They tended to still manage to maintain their shape. If they were thinner, I think they would have just turned to mush. I can't wait to bring this to a family reunion this summer!! Thanks so much for posting this!