Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Mom taught me this recipe and she always complained the pancakes came out "too fluffy", REALLY is that possible!! By not mixing out all the clumps the pancakes "pop" up when you flip them and are SOOOO good topped with fresh berries and whipped cream!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar (depends on how sweet you like them)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in large bowl. Create a crater in the middle and then add milk, slightly beaten egg, vanilla and melted margarine.
- Mix ONLY ENOUGH TO MOISTEN, you want there to still be clumps.
- In a greased or cooking sprayed pan, over medium heat pour about 1/2 c batter.
- Let cook until bubbles break on surface or when you gently lift and edge it is nicely browned. FLIP and let cook for a bit longer checking to be sure your not burning.
- Cool pan slightly between each one, I carefully wave the pan (away from the stove and any people) a couple times to cool it quicker ;) regrease and cook another.