Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My sister made this for our family this past Christmas and it is very good. The best part is that it's quick and simple to make. It's also healthy.
- 2 -4 large tilapia fillets
- 2 lemons, wedged (more or less to taste)
- 1 large tomatoes, diced (my sister uses cherry tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 white onion, diced
- olive oil
- Combine diced tomato, green pepper and onion in a bowl and set aside.
- In a non-stick pan, add olive oil and heat over med-low heat (lightly coat whole bottem of pan with oil, but not too much or you start frying)
- Add tilapia fillets to pan and squeeze lemons all over them; add lemons to the pan.
- Cover the pan and let fillets simmer. Adjust heat as necessary. I have had fillets take only 10 minutes to cook and others have taken 20 minutes. Check on the fillets with a fork. The fish should flake and fall apart when done.
- About 5 minutes before fillets are done, spoon diced veggies onto fillets.
- Cover and cook until done.
- I always make extra diced veggies to add to my cook fillets later.