Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Low fat , under 25 minute recipe.. Freezes WELL TOO if you make your own 'tv dinners' Uses turkey breast to bring fat down and ground round to add moistness and flavor. Good with roasted veggies.
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey breast
- 1⁄4 lb ground round
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 large egg whites
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons madeira wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 10 1⁄2 ounces condensed French onion soup (such as Campbell's)
- Combine first 4 ingredients. Divide meat mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2 inch thick patty.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat. Add patties and cook 6 minutes or till browned, turning after 3 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir in water and remaining ingredients, bring to a boil then add patties. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and cook until wine mixture is reduced to 3/4 of a cup (about 10 min).
- Serving size: 1 patty w/ 2 Tablespoons sauce (210 calories, 5.9g fat <2g sat>, 27.4g protein, 10mg carb, 64mg choles, 2.4mg iron, 621mg sodium).