Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a very traditionally flavored coleslaw—not fancy but very authentic.
- 1⁄2 small cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced paper thin
- 3⁄4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar (brown(optional)
- 1 tablespoon prepared mild Dijon mustard (can make it spicy)
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a large bowl into which you shred the vegetables into and then stir to combine. Making the dressing first, will keep the veggies from turning colors. All ingredients can vary to taste.