Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I actually got this recipe from food network - but modified it just a bit. HUGE hit at Christmas - did NOT last long! VERY YUMMY!! Food network suggested to put the milk can in the center of a round greased cake pan to make a Christmas wreath - but did not come out easily and had to cut the fudge out of the pan in pieces anyway - nice idea - but just not a reality. I suggest just putting in a square pan, cut into small pieces and decorate as prefer.
- 340.19 g bag semisweet chocolate morsels
- 340.19 g bag butterscotch chips
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 226.79 g walnut halves (1/2 of of 16 oz bag)
- 118.29 ml currants (optional)
- candied cherry, red and green (to garnish) (optional)
- Preheat heavy pot on stove over low heat.
- Add chips and milk and stir until melted.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Remove fudge from heat.
- Add nuts and currants (I just added nuts - my preference - although food network adds currants also).
- Place in greased cake pan.
- Garnish immediately since fudge will set quickly - need to work quickly. (I did not add any garnish and just cut into squares which still was a huge hit).
- Cover and chill in refrigerator just for about 1 - 2 hours.