Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my tweeked version of a recipe on this site for chocolate oatmeal#87173 .Add more milk if you like creamy oatmeal . I like very thick oatmeal .By accident I recently discovered that by omiting the oatmeal and chocolate chips , you get a great hot chocolate drink.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats (the type that is ready in 3 to 5 min.)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chocolate chips (optional)
- Pour milk in microwaveable bowl . Microwave full power for 2-2 1/2 minutes.
- Add cocoa,sugar to bowl,mix then stir in oats.
- Microwave full power 1 minute
- Let stand 1 to 2 min .
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips if desired .
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled if needed.
This was pretty good -- oatmeal made it filling, and chocolate -- well, it's chocolate! :)
Sorry I couldn't give this more stars - I really wanted to, but this just didn't turn out so good for me. I made it per instructions, but had to add quite a bit of milk in the end because it was pretty solidified. The taste didn't do much for me either, I think for my tastes more sugar was needed. Other than that, this was a quick and easy recipe.
A true chocolate lovers dream. I had never thought to add cocoa to oatmeal but it works quite well. I used a Dutch process cocoa a topped it off with a sprinkling of chocolate chips. When my granddaughter gets old enough, I will have to make this for her.