Start with cooked chicken, throw in a few easy ingredients, and speed a delicious meal to the table. I found this recipe in a newspaper article.
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked & deboned, equal to 1 1/2 cups diced chicken or 1 deboned deli chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, corn)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento or 2 tablespoons red peppers
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- salt & pepper
- 2 crusts from 1 package refrigerated pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop chicken.
- Empty bag of frozen veggies into a microwave safe bowl. Defrost in microwave. Drain any liquid.
- Add everything except the pie crusts. Stir.
- Spray a deep dish glass pie pan with cooking spray.
- Line the pie pan with one crust. Press lightly to mold to pan.
- Fill with chicken, vegetable, & sauce mixture.
- Top with remaining crust. Press lightly. Crinp edges of the crusts. Cut a few slits in top of pot pie.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Let sit 5-10 minutes before slicing into wedges.