Recipe by Susie D
Start with cooked chicken, throw in a few easy ingredients, and speed a delicious meal to the table. I found this recipe in a newspaper article.
Top Review by Just_Ducky!!
So incredibly easy, fast and delicious! I adopted you as our newest family member just in time ;). I was short on energy and needed an easy dinner and voila, the perfect solution in your recipe collection. A hit with my 8 and 10 yo boys that both wanted it in their lunches the next day and informed me that I would be making it many times :). I used leftovers from a deli chicken and frozen peas because that's what I had on hand. I don't generally buy jarred alfredo sauce but I did have one package of the powdered mix, so added it to a can of cream of mushroom soup. For the crust I used refrigerated crescent roll dough (again what I had on hand) and it worked perfect. Thanks you so much for another great recipe Susie! Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring 2011 :)
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked & deboned, equal to 1 1/2 cups diced chicken or 1 deboned deli chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, corn)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento or 2 tablespoons red peppers
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- salt & pepper
- 2 crusts from 1 package refrigerated pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop chicken.
- Empty bag of frozen veggies into a microwave safe bowl. Defrost in microwave. Drain any liquid.
- Add everything except the pie crusts. Stir.
- Spray a deep dish glass pie pan with cooking spray.
- Line the pie pan with one crust. Press lightly to mold to pan.
- Fill with chicken, vegetable, & sauce mixture.
- Top with remaining crust. Press lightly. Crinp edges of the crusts. Cut a few slits in top of pot pie.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Let sit 5-10 minutes before slicing into wedges.