Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is great sliced and sandwiched with pickles and onions
- 3 lbs beef brisket
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped or smashed
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat a large pot with a cover to medium-high heat.
- Oil, salt, and pepper brisket, sear all sides until browned. Reduce heat to very low.
- In a bowl, mix together barbecue sauce and water, add to brisket as well as onions and garlic.
- Cover and simmer for 1½-2 hours. Cut against the grain when serving.
Made this tonight. Really easy, delicious and quick brisket. Mine seemed extra chewy but I'm not sure if it was the quality of the meat. I will try again because it was tasty.
This recipe is so easy and to die for. You are my hero!!!