Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe from Fleischmann's. Always good. You can substitute 1 cup of whole wheat flour for one cup of the white flour. You can add in some parmesan cheese if you'd like. Or, you can replace 1/2 cup of cornmeal for 1/2 cup of the flour. Have fun experimenting.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast and salt. Add any other spices/herbs that you like.
- Stir in the very warm water and oil. Mix well.
- Add enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rise about 10 minutes.
- Lightly oil one 14" or two 12" round pizza pans. Sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Form dough into smooth ball(s). Roll dough to fit the pan(s).
- Top with your favorite sauce and toppings.
- Bake at 400F for 20 to 30 minutes or until done.
I've searched for years for a pizza crust that the whole family liked and was quick and easy to work with...I'm looking no further! :) This is definitely a PERFECT recipe! :) Thanks so much!!!! I also used it for bread sticks...awesome! :)
Best pizza dough I've made! After trying a bunch, this is the fastest, easiest and most delicious dough I've made. If you're searching for a good pizza dough, stop here!
Great thin crust. Easy to prepare, quick to rise and cook, and best of all its crispy and great tasting. I usually make two batches, one for dinner, and the second I slice and freeze wrapped in plastic. It tastes great fresh or frozen.