Recipe by Sarah Chana
A recipe from Fleischmann's. Always good. You can substitute 1 cup of whole wheat flour for one cup of the white flour. You can add in some parmesan cheese if you'd like. Or, you can replace 1/2 cup of cornmeal for 1/2 cup of the flour. Have fun experimenting.
Top Review by Dianne in Illinois
I've searched for years for a pizza crust that the whole family liked and was quick and easy to work with...I'm looking no further! :) This is definitely a PERFECT recipe! :) Thanks so much!!!! I also used it for bread sticks...awesome! :)
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups flour, divided
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package fast rising yeast (about 2 1/4 tsp)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup very warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons basil (optional) or 2 teaspoons oregano (optional) or 2 teaspoons rosemary (optional)
- 1 minced garlic clove (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast and salt. Add any other spices/herbs that you like.
- Stir in the very warm water and oil. Mix well.
- Add enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rise about 10 minutes.
- Lightly oil one 14" or two 12" round pizza pans. Sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Form dough into smooth ball(s). Roll dough to fit the pan(s).
- Top with your favorite sauce and toppings.
- Bake at 400F for 20 to 30 minutes or until done.