Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
I'm mostly posting this so I don't have to go hunting for it every time I want to make it. My mom gave it to me ages ago, and while it isn't the most life changing pudding in the universe it's rediculously fast to make, can be easily varried a number of ways to suit your mood and is plenty tasty for those nights when you want pudding NOW! I like to use a shallow glass container so that it cooks faster. You can leave out the chocolate for vanilla pudding. I like to make it with Silk Nog Soymilk around the hollidays.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk (sub soymilk to make it vegan)
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a 4 cup microwave safe glass container combine dry stuff, then stir in the wet stuff.
- Cook on high for 2 minutes, then whisk the mixture.
- Cook on high one more minute at a time, whisking after each minute, until thickened.
- Once it's almost thick, you should go for 15- 30 seconds at a time.
- Allow to cool if you can wait!
Nick, you need to use a large enough microwaveable pot. Don't blame the recipe. I have made this countless times and it has always been delicious
Terrible. Milk boiled over in the microwave. Never again
Yum, got to love good chocolate pudding! Comes out with a really nice taste, especially for the microwave, and there's practically no work involved!