Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
I'm mostly posting this so I don't have to go hunting for it every time I want to make it. My mom gave it to me ages ago, and while it isn't the most life changing pudding in the universe it's rediculously fast to make, can be easily varried a number of ways to suit your mood and is plenty tasty for those nights when you want pudding NOW! I like to use a shallow glass container so that it cooks faster. You can leave out the chocolate for vanilla pudding. I like to make it with Silk Nog Soymilk around the hollidays.
- In a 4 cup microwave safe glass container combine dry stuff, then stir in the wet stuff.
- Cook on high for 2 minutes, then whisk the mixture.
- Cook on high one more minute at a time, whisking after each minute, until thickened.
- Once it's almost thick, you should go for 15- 30 seconds at a time.
- Allow to cool if you can wait!
Thanks for this! You saved my 'mom is great' reputation. Kids wanted dessert after lunch and needing something fast, I whipped this up. It was delicious.
Very good, very easy. I have always enjoyed microwaved puddings, as they come out with a very creamy, soft texture and the method is so quick. This came out a lovely dark chocolate color and has a nice taste.
I LOVE this pudding! I'm a diabetic vegan, so I use sugar-free soymilk and splenda, and sometimes I add a little cinnamon. It's one of my favorite guilt-free indulgences.