Ms Delicious Dish's Note:
My mother has made this recipe for Cashew Cheese since I was very young. I think this is a great recipe because it's so versatile. You can make it in a loaf pan with Agar Agar, so you can slice it for sandwiches or it crumble on rice and beans. It's also great as a Cheese Sauce or Cheese Dip too, if you eliminate the Agar Agar. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To sterilize your Cashew Nuts: Spread your nuts out on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes and then cool completely before using them.
- 2Whiz first 7 ingredients in blender or food processor until nuts are liquefied.
- 3SLOWLY drizzle in oils to thicken and then add lemon juice after oils are incorporated.
- 4Mix Agar Agar in 1 Cup Cold water. Cook in separate sauce pan until clear (about 10 min).
- 5With a spoon stir cooked (warm) Agar Agar into cheese mixture. Immediately pour into loaf pan lined with plastic wrap and fold plastic wrap ends and sides over top.
- 6Refrigerate until set and slice as needed.
- 7To use as a spread or dip, do not add Agar Agar.
- 8When the loaf version is set, my mom slices into ½ sections. She puts them side to side with clear wrap in between and freezes then for individual later use.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Fantastic Vegan Cashew Cheese (Slices, Sauce or Dip)
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.7
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 120.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: