Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mother has made this recipe for Cashew Cheese since I was very young. I think this is a great recipe because it's so versatile. You can make it in a loaf pan with Agar Agar, so you can slice it for sandwiches or it crumble on rice and beans. It's also great as a Cheese Sauce or Cheese Dip too, if you eliminate the Agar Agar. Enjoy!
- To sterilize your Cashew Nuts: Spread your nuts out on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes and then cool completely before using them.
- Whiz first 7 ingredients in blender or food processor until nuts are liquefied.
- SLOWLY drizzle in oils to thicken and then add lemon juice after oils are incorporated.
- Mix Agar Agar in 1 Cup Cold water. Cook in separate sauce pan until clear (about 10 min).
- With a spoon stir cooked (warm) Agar Agar into cheese mixture. Immediately pour into loaf pan lined with plastic wrap and fold plastic wrap ends and sides over top.
- Refrigerate until set and slice as needed.
- To use as a spread or dip, do not add Agar Agar.
- When the loaf version is set, my mom slices into ½ sections. She puts them side to side with clear wrap in between and freezes then for individual later use.