Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple marinade for any meat - chicken, beef, pork, shrimp. Adjust marinating time for the type and size of the meat. Adapted from a recipe by Sunedan at allrecipes.com.
- 3 limes, juice of
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground aniseed (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Add protein and marinate 8-24 hours, then cook as desired. (I like to marinate in a ziptop bag with the air pressed out; it keeps the marinade in contact with the meat better.).