Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the best guacamole recipe I have found yet! I got it off of Allrecipes.com a couple of years ago and have brought it to several parties. It is quick and easy and has LOTS of flavor! I usually serve it with blue tortilla chips!
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- garlic, minced
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice and salt.
- Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes and garlic.
- Stir in cayenne pepper.
- Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor -- or serve immediately!
- Note: I usually stick the avocado pits in the guacamole until it is time to serve -- this seems to slow down the oxidation process.
Yummy! Great recipe, very close to Qdoba's guacamole which I love. I do add some finely diced tomato for flavor and color and omit the cayenne. It's great with chips and I even like it to top a grilled burger!