1/2 Photos of Super Easy Zucchini Bread With Cake Mix
I love zucchini and I love chocolate, so as I am doing a bread fest in my kitchen. I jumped into making this with the pantry clean out and the garden veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2-2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional) or 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional) or 1/2 cup peanut butter chips, and (optional) or 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix (any can be used)
- 1/2 cup sugar (may use less as reported by some but we like sweet)
- 1In one bowl mix all ingredients. Will have some lumps and that is ok. As we age those lumps are badges of honor!
- 2Pour into 2 greased and floured bread loaf pans or 1 loaf pan and 12 muffin cups (lined).
- 3Cook for 45 minutes at 350°F.
- 4Muffins 25 minutes at 350°F.
- 5* Elevation and fuel will vary temps and times. (ex. my propane oven 45 minutes, my DD electric oven 53 min for loaves and similar for muffins).
- 6** Tastes great with orange flavor as well, DD made with strawberry cake mix.
- 7*** NOT as dense as a quick bread but tastes oh so good and light.
- 8An aditional note: this freezes very well as muffins or bread/cake. I double wrap in plastic and then into a freezer bag. To thaw i take out of freezer bag and let come to room temp, take off plastic and set on paper towels to absorb any excess moisture. To warm just put into a warmed oven or microwave for 30 seconds in a paper towel.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy Zucchini Bread With Cake Mix
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.0
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.5 mg
- Sodium 191.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g