Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
The beautiful rich color is great to break up a "snow white" holiday plate (you know...turkey,stuffing,mashed potatoes...everything white!) Sweet and colorful, you may get your kids to eat yams at the holidays or any day. No butter! With the convenience of cans you can even make it on a vacation when you're unsure what produce will be available. From Bruce's Yams.
- 1 (40 ounce) cancut sweet potatoes in syrup, drained (yams)
- 1 (12 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (more or less)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (more or less)
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry (more or less)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pie filling and yams, and place in a casserole dish; cover and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Place walnuts on top; uncover and bake 10 minutes longer; remove from oven; garnish with brown sugar and cherries.
I do love yams & always appreciate finding a new way to fix 'em, & this is definitely that ~ The yams & blueberries make a great combo, we thought! Another time I might just try this using fresh, unpeeled yams! Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]