1/4 Photos of Super Easy Working Mom's Manicotti
1 hr 10 mins
Mommy Diva's Note:
A twist on the super easy recipe my closest girlfriend Jules35 and I use from the back of the AMERICAN BEAUTY PASTA (THE ONLY ONE THAT SHOWS A RECIPE THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO BOIL THE PASTA FIRST!! Sometimes we make it with sausage and mushrooms, sometimes veggie style-either way is great! Their make ahead tip is below as well! We have made this with a single can of sauce (large) but if you want it really saucy, you may want to adjust the recipe later to suit your tastes. ;) I topped with a 4 cheese blend that had cheddar in it for the picture. Up to you!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces manicotti, uncooked about 14 pieces
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce, approx. 3 cups
- 1 cup water
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese, approx. 2 cups
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded approx. 2 cups
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (we prefer the three cheese blend of asiagio,parm and romano)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb Italian sausage (can sub assorted veggies for sausage if desired such as peppers, zucchini, aubergine, etc)
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced and drained
- garlic, to taste
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Cook thoroughly sausage and mushrooms (or saute assorted veggies if making veggie version) with garlic,italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3In saucepan, combine spaghetti sauce and water; heat to boiling, stirring frequently.
- 4Reduce heat; keep warm.
- 5In bowl, stir together cheeses, parsley, egg, salt and pepper; spoon into uncooked pasta tubes.
- 6Pour 1 cup sauce on bottom of 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish; arrange filled pasta in single layer over sauce.
- 7Pour remaining sauce over pasta; sprinkle with cheese if desired and cover with foil.
- 8Bake 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- 9Serve -pasta and filling will be HOT!
- 11To make ahead and freeze:.
- 12MAKE AHEAD DIRECTIONS: Prepare as directed above; cool 30 minutes.
- 13Cover tightly with plastic wrap; then foil.
- 14Freeze up to 2 months.
- 15Thaw in refrigerator overnight (casserole is too dry if heated from frozen state)May want to add a small amount of additional moisture- water or sauce.
- 16Bake at 350°F 60 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy Working Mom's Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 777.4
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 149.5 mg
- Sodium 2111.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 42.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: