Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is really easy to make in the crockpot. My hubby goes wild for it!
Make and share this Super Easy White Chicken Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (48 ounce) jar great northern beans
- 2 (9 3/4 ounce) cans white meat chicken
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken stock
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (diced)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon masa harina flour (can use corn starch)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Drain and rinse the beans. Drain the chicken.
- Dump the first seven ingredients into a crockpot. Set to High and cook for two hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add masa and stir - turn off crock and let set for five minutes.
- Stir again and salt to taste.
- Stir in cheese.
- I like to serve in bowls topped with fresh diced onion, crushed tortilla chips, jalapeños, and some hot sauce.
This is a great alternative to your standard chili recipe, and quite easy too! I could not find a 48. oz. jar of great northern beans and ended up using three 15 oz. cans of beans (2 were great northern and 1 was pinto). I also could not find the right size can of chicken, and used two 12.5 oz. cans. I used hot salsa (because I like things spicy). I did need to use 2 T. of masa harina to thicken the chili, but did not need to add any additional salt. The end result was very flavorful and satisfying. Thanks for sharing! Made for Spring PAC 2011.