Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I wanted to make a super easy pot pie, so I took bits and pieces of recipes I'd seen and adapted it to be easy, cheap (total cost for me to buy the ingredients outside from the spices that I already had was around $3.50) I don't do a full crust to cut down on prep work. It's nothing fancy, just warm and tasty. I use a large pie pan, not the disposal kind so I can fit more veggies in.
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup (or any "cream of" condensed soup)
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream or 2 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 4 ounces biscuits
- PreHeat oven to 375.
- In a bowl combine condensed soup, sour cream, milk, frozen veggies and salt and pepper and stir well making sure all the veggies are coated.
- Pour mix into pie pan.
- Roll out crescent rolls or biscuits to thin them out slightly and expand them and lay on top of the mix to cover completely.
- Bake for 30-40 mins or until top is slightly golden brown.
- Let sit for 5-10 mins and serve warm.
I couldn't find a 10 ounce size bag of mixed veggies so I used 16 ounces and added a little more milk to make the soup go further. It was really good. I had to add more salt at the end but it was good and quick and easy! Thanks for the recipe!
I baked this in a 8x8 pan, and it worked out well. We thought this recipe was pretty good. Easy and inexpensive.