Recipe by lKlElLlLll
This chili is not for the faint of heart! No tomatoes in my chili, only tasty, red, New Mexican chile! Ground beef can be substituted for the turkey. I serve it with cornbread on the side and sprinkle of cheese on top.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup mild chili powder
- 2 tablespoons hot chili powder (more if you like it hotter)
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 3 cups water
- seasoning salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan (this makes a lot), brown the onion and turkey until the turkey is crumbled and browned. You can add a bit of water to prevent it from sticking.
- When the turkey is browned, add remaining ingredients, EXCEPT cornmeal. Cover and let simmer on medium heat for 35 minutes. Stir in cornmeal until it is all dissolved. Simmer for 5-10 more minutes and serve!
- This freezes and reheats very well.
- I told ya it was easy!