Recipe by babygirl65
My boyfriend and my son LOVE homemade tortillas so I make them as much as I can. But the easier, the better, right?? This recipe makes very good tortillas, I promise!!
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, add 2 cups of White Wing tortilla mix. (White Wing can be found next to the regular flour, they also make a mix for corn tortillas that is also very good).
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Mix until it comes together. May have to add more water if it is too thick or more mix if too thin.
- After mixing, cover bowl with warm cloth for about 10 minutes.
- Pinch small balls of mix and roll out tortilla, (this takes practice).
- Heat comale (mexican griddle or cast iron griddle) on medium heat.
- Cook on one side for about 30-45 seconds, flip and cook another 30-45 seconds. Don't leave on too long or they get hard.
- Keep warm in a tortilla warmer. I usually make them and serve them immediately while my family is eating. (traditional way).