Recipe by KMSoprano
A really easy and affordable quick meal that leaves lots of room for individual creativity. This is a big hit with my singer friends when they are sick. Its like a spicy chicken soup. You can also leave out the cheese and chips if you are trying for something light...
Top Review by radika Shonyo
I made a big crockpot batch of this for a presentation I am giving over fast and easy meals. I used 4 cans of progresso and 2 can of rotel (one mild and one original) Its still packs some heat and has good flavor. So easy and quick, I love it!
- 2 (19 ounce) cans chicken and wild rice soup (I prefer Progresso)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces tortilla chips, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the tomatoes in a blender or food processor.
- Pour soup and tomatoes into a stockpot and warm over medium heat.
- To serve, top with chips and cheese.
- I make this with a number of possible variations-- some good additions are: shredded cooked chicken thighs or breasts, sour cream, black beans, black olives, a can of mexi-corn, sliced avocados, other varieties of cheese, chopped green onions.