Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from my local store's brand of whipped topping and changed it a little. It's very easy with simple ingredients.
- 1 (10 ounce) poundcake, cut into 12 slices
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (8 ounce) containerextra creamy whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip or store brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- Arrange cake slices in a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, chocolate syrup and dissolved coffee with a wire whisk or electric mixer until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping and spread over cake slices evenly.
- Sprinkle cocoa over the top.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
Loved it! Tastes almost exactly like tiramisu only A LOT easier...
This WAS super easy and super good. I do think next time I would use a little less instant coffee as it was a little too strong on the coffee taste. I did add a generous splash of Cask and Creams chocolate liqueur to the mix as well. It is light and creamy...a perfect ending to any meal.