Recipe by beckerd
I found this recipe in a vegetarian cookbook I borrowed from the library. My kids and I really enjoy it!
Top Review by SheCooksToConquer
This is absolutely as good as the "California Pizza Kitchen" pizza, but it's missing one or two (minor) ingredients. After putting the sauce on the pizza, I sprinkled some shredded carrots, some chopped scallion and some crushed peanuts. THEN the mozzerella. It was fabulous, and husband and kids loved it. Thanks for posting this one, it's a definite keeper.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips (1 cup)
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup thai peanut sauce (I use House of Tsang brand)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 large partially baked thin pizza crust (Boboli's is a good one)
- 1 cup preshredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place baking sheet or pizza stone in oven to preheat.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 3 minute
- Add bell peppers and cook until tender, or chicken is done. About 5 minutes.
- Stir in peanut sauce and vinegar until well blended.
- Spread chicken mixture evenly over the pizza crust, top with cheese, and carefully place on baking sheet.
- Bake according to package directions, 8-10 minutes.
- Slice and serve hot.
- NOTE: I made this with onions and green peppers instead of the bell peppers. I also used the Pillsbury dough and prebaked it for a few minutes before placing the toppings on.