Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got the cake mix doctor book from the library and was inspired to create something on my own. It seems very easy to doctor a cake mix to make something terrific. If you like sweet potato casserole, you'll love this cake. Perfect for the holidays.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix with pudding
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato, from can (most so called yams are actually sweet potatoes so you can use canned yams)
- 3 teaspoons apple pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (or as instructed on cake mix box).
- Mash the sweet potatoes in a bowl.
- Add in liquid ingredients: Milk, eggs, oil and orange juice. Mix until blended.
- Add cake mix and apple pie spice. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour into pan of choice. I used a bundt.
This was a wonderful moist cake. Very easy to do. I used 1 full can of Bruce's Yams in this after draining the liquid off and 1/2 cup orange juice. Thanks for sharing.
This cake is soooo moist and delicious. I didn't have any yams...but I did have leftover canned plain pumpkin and used pumpkin pie spice. This was a hit with everyone. Will be making this again. Thank you for sharing.