Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Put this dinner on and go kick up your feet! Only 3 ingredients plus water and milk and you probably have them all handy in your kitchen! Use your own "cream of ___" soup if you don't like cream of mushroom.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 package seasoned stuffing mix, with seasoning packet (Stove Top is our favorite)
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- Place chicken in crockpot.
- Combine soup and milk and pour over chicken.
- Combine stuffing, seasonings, and water and spoon over soup mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
I printed this out May 9th, to make at a later date. Apparently there have been corrections made to the amounts of water and milk, since then. I was ready to give this a poor rating, because it was just too soupy and mushy. Smelled great though. I have tried this recipe in the oven, off the back of the Stove Top box. I love it that way! I may try this again, using the correct recipe. I am not going to rate this since I made it before the corrections were made.
I just made this and my teenager came back for seconds. It was so easy too!
I'm in the minority, but I really did not like this at all and neither did my family. I should have added more seasonings or something. It was bland and the chicken seemed kind of burned tasting. It was gross.