Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My favorite meatloaf in the whole world!!! Even my sister will eat it and she hates meatloaf!
- 2 lbs ground meat, I like to use a mix of ground turkey and ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, plain
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons onion soup mix (one packet)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine meat, bread crumbs, onion, ketchup, eggs, and onion soup mix.
- Use your hands to squish all of the ingredients together until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Form the meat mixture into two "loaves." At this point, I usually wrap one of the loaves in press and seal freezer wrap and toss it in the freezer. However, if you have a larger family, you'll probably want to cook both.
- Put the two loaves in a 13x9 baking pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- While the loaves are baking, mix up the sauce by stirring the ketchup, the brown sugar, and the mustard together until smooth. Set aside.
- After 45 minutes, take the meat loaves out and spread the sauce over the tops.
- Placed the sauced loaves back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let the meat loaves cool for 5 - 10 minutes before cutting them.
- P.S. To cook a frozen meatloaf, take the frozen meat loaf out the day before you want to cook it and let it thaw in the refrigerator. Cook as stated above.
- P.S.S. This meatloaf pairs wonderfully with my super yummy corn casserole!
My DH loved this recipe! He even asked to have the leftovers in his lunch . I actually made these up a day ahead of time and just took them out about 15 minutes before baking. Nice texture and flavor. Thanks for sharing. *Made for Spring PAC 2009*