Recipe by mamadelogan
This was taught to me by my Father who would make this a lot during the summer when strawberries were the sweetest and cheapest. It requires next to no effort and the results are delicious. (prep time includes chill time)
- 6 pastry shells (dessert shells can be found next to strawberries)
- 1 lb strawberry (hulled and cut into small pieces)
- 2⁄3 cup strawberry glaze
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1lb hulled and cut strawberries with 2/3 cup glaze and 2TB sugar.
- Mash with potato masher strawberry mixture so that some of the juice of the strawberries is released and mix.
- Place strawberry mixture in refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
- Whipped cream.
- In a metal bowl beat 1 cup of heavy whipping cream with 1 tb of sugar and 1/4 tsp of vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon strawberry mixture into dessert shells and top with a generous dollop of whipped cream.