Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is really easy and great for surprise company (read that - your inlaws stopping by). I've used it a thousand times and it is raved about.
- 8 buttermilk biscuits (any brand-I used jumbo instead of regular)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (you won't use it all)
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries or 2 lbs frozen strawberries
- whipped cream
- Slice strawberries.
- Place strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Place bowl in fridge so sugar will create a syrup with the strawberries (This can be done the night before but should be done no less than one hour before to allow the sugar time to "do it's thing").
- Preheat oven according to instructions on biscuit package.
- Remove biscuits from can and spread on a baking sheet.
- Pull biscuits apart into a top and bottom section.
- Cut slices of cream cheese and put between the two biscuit halves and mash sides together with your thumb to create a pocket around the cream cheese.
- Bake according to biscuit package instructions.
- Place warm biscuits in bowls and spoon strawberries on top.
- Top with whipped cream and ENJOY!