Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This would be great over ice cream!
- 1 (425 g) package frozen sweetened strawberries (thawed)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (to taste if desired)
- 1 dash lemon juice (optional)
- Puree thawed strawberries in a blender or food processor.
- Force puree through a fine sieve to remove seeds, if desired.
- Sweeten to taste with sugar, although the frozen sweetened strawberries are usually sweet enough.
- A dash of lemon juice enhances the flavour.
- Serve over ice cream, mix with yogurt or dip other fruit.
- Keep covered in refrigerator.
- Can use frozen sweetened raspberries or blueberries too for a nice variation.
I served this with waffles and we wanted it a little chunky so I used a potato masher...can't go wronge w/ strawberries!