Recipe by Terri F.
These tasty sticky buns are easy to make with frozen bread dough! Prep time includes rising time.
Top Review by Mirj
These were, like, wow! Don't you love it when a recipe renders you inarticulate? First, these were not the most super easy buns I've ever had, but that's because I decided to use my own challah dough which I made from scratch that morning. But if I had used frozen bread dough, this would have been too easy for words. I left out the pecans, and made some icing to drizzle on top afterwards (just some icing sugar, water and a bit of cinnamon). I made a more-than-double batch (using 1 kilo of flour for the challah dough) and the buns were gone in just over 24 hours. I think I'm going to be freezing batches of challah dough just so I can make these all the time. Thanks Terri!
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, firmly packed,divided into 2/3 cup and 1/3 cup
- 59.14 ml water
- 59.16 ml butter, softened and divided
- 453.59 g frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- flour, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine 2/3 cup brown sugar with the water and 2 tbsp of butter.
- Cook and stir until sugar has melted and the mixture is well blended.
- Spread all but about 3 tbsp of this mixture in the bottom of a shallow 9 inch baking dish.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape the thawed bread dough into a rectangle.
- Roll with a rolling pin until you get a 10x16 rectangle, letting the dough rest a few minutes if it is resistant to rolling.
- Spread remaining 2 tbsp of butter over the dough.
- Sprinkle on remaining brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans, and drizzle with remaining caramel.
- Roll dough up jelly-roll style, starting at the long end.
- Pinch the seam together tightly.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the roll into 12 equal pieces.
- Place in pan, cut side up, and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until buns are golden brown.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then invert onto serving platter.
- Serve warm.