Prep 50 mins
Cook 30 mins
These tasty sticky buns are easy to make with frozen bread dough! Prep time includes rising time.
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed,divided into 2/3 cup and 1/3 cup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 1 lb frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- flour, for dusting
- In a small saucepan, combine 2/3 cup brown sugar with the water and 2 tbsp of butter.
- Cook and stir until sugar has melted and the mixture is well blended.
- Spread all but about 3 tbsp of this mixture in the bottom of a shallow 9 inch baking dish.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape the thawed bread dough into a rectangle.
- Roll with a rolling pin until you get a 10x16 rectangle, letting the dough rest a few minutes if it is resistant to rolling.
- Spread remaining 2 tbsp of butter over the dough.
- Sprinkle on remaining brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans, and drizzle with remaining caramel.
- Roll dough up jelly-roll style, starting at the long end.
- Pinch the seam together tightly.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the roll into 12 equal pieces.
- Place in pan, cut side up, and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until buns are golden brown.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then invert onto serving platter.
- Serve warm.
These were, like, wow! Don't you love it when a recipe renders you inarticulate? First, these were not the most super easy buns I've ever had, but that's because I decided to use my own challah dough which I made from scratch that morning. But if I had used frozen bread dough, this would have been too easy for words. I left out the pecans, and made some icing to drizzle on top afterwards (just some icing sugar, water and a bit of cinnamon). I made a more-than-double batch (using 1 kilo of flour for the challah dough) and the buns were gone in just over 24 hours. I think I'm going to be freezing batches of challah dough just so I can make these all the time. Thanks Terri!
I enjoyed everybite and enjoyed making just made a few modifacations of my own,like vanilla in the sauce mixture.My family and i couldn't control ourselves.Awesome recipe thank you.
Really, really, REALLY GOOD!<br/>I wanted to make something sweet, so I made these. I didn't have any nuts for them, but they turned out GRRREAT! And they are very easy to make!